Dr. Bill Orovan is a graduate of the Michael DeGroote School of Medicine at McMaster University. He is also a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons (Canada) and of the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Orovan has practiced Urology and Urological Oncology in Hamilton, Ontario since 1981. He has served as Chief of the Department of Surgery at St Joseph's Hospital Hamilton for 12 years and as the Chair of the McMaster University Department of Surgery for 13 years. He is currently Associate Dean, Clinical Services and Commercial Enterprise, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University.
Dr. Orovan has been a strong advocate of evidence-based medicine and of a balanced public/private medical care system for Canada. He has written and spoken widely in support of these causes. His main clinical and research interest is in minimally invasive ablative treatment of organ confined prostate cancer. He is currently President and Medical Director of Maple Leaf HIFU.
- Chair, Department of Surgery McMaster University (1999-present)
- Associate Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences McMaster University (2012-present)
- Chief, Department of Surgery St Joseph's Hospital Hamilton (1986-1999)
- Acting Dean, McMaster FHS (2000-2001)
- President and Medical Director, Maple Leaf (2005-present)
- President, OMA (1998-1999)
- Chief Negotiator, OMA (1996-2002)
- Director, Canadian Independent Medical Clinics (2006-present)
- President, Hamilton Academic Physicians (2007-now)