Answers • Guidance • Support
Join Our Team
CAREpath is a division of Bayshore HealthCare Ltd.
Registered Oncology Nurse Clinician
The Registered Nurse will be a part of a specialized team that provides telephonic after-hours symptom management support for oncology patients. Shifts will include weekday evenings/nights, weekends and statutory holidays.
The Registered Nurse will be involved in client care and manage stressful situations with poise and professionalism.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Committed to continued education – maintain required oncology certifications CON(c)
- Ability to work autonomously, remain focused during crisis and execute sound clinical judgment
- Keep all personal health information confidential as required by standards of practice and legislation, including that which is documented or stored electronically.
- Document interactions with clients according to the documentation practice standards using the CCO/COSTaRs guidelines
- Perform a systematic and skilled telephonic health assessment to determine the nature of a client’s problem, the urgency of health care needs and the appropriate course of action
- Maintain competency in areas such as critical thinking, the use of evidence-based information, expert teaching, counselling, communication, interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Establish and maintain a therapeutic nurse-client relationship
Education and Experience
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in good standing in Ontario
- Mandatory CON(C) certification
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in oncology nursing
- Excellent knowledge of symptom management for oncology patients
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Excellent attendance record
- Ability to adapt and learn electronic documentation system and other required technology associated with job activities